Some digipaks tend to not use images of the band, and instead just have a patterned front cover. I like this idea in some cases such as pop music because you can have a bright colourful pattern, but I do not think it would work for the indie genre as their style is not stereotypically colourful, but more plain patterned.Others may just involve the bands name in there style of writing. At first I liked this idea but when I see this digipak in comparison to others, it makes me think different as it looks slightly too plain. If I was to see this on the shelf next to others that were more well planned to this then my eyes would be drawn to the other CD. Although we mainly want to attract indie styled people who are interested in music, we would still like the catch the eye of people who are opposite to our style.

Some front covers involve the band in surreal situations such as Mumford and Sons in there new album where they are posed in a shop window acting as mannequins.
I like digipak because I like the different style of photography and the way it all links. The front of the CD shows the front of a house, and ironically the back of the CD shows the back window of a house. I did like the idea of just a basic front cover and possibly a patterned CD, but now I think I would prefer the front and back of the CD covers the be quite unique and weird to link to the style of our band 'Dood'. I think I would also prefer the actual CD itself to be plain and just include the bands name and maybe the name of the particular song 'Harping On'.

While looking through other digipaks, I started to see that the way the bands names were presented, stayed similar throughout. So I decided to create a style in Photoshop in which our bands name will be presented.

No comments:
Post a Comment