Mumford and Sons - I will wait. This music video is also from an indie genre based band. This music video is also all performance based which allows us to see the artists facial expressions which show the joy they are feeling while they perform. The Arctic Monkeys video shared the performance based aspect and showed the facial expressions well, it looked more like a smaller scale club gig setting, and this band looks to be performing at a large concert. This helps portray how successful the band are and how large their fan base actually is. However, because the stage, audience and diegetic crowd noise is so large, my team will be unable to create anything as similar to this in our music video. Therefore we will probably aim to make our music video look more like the Arctic Monkeys video. The stage is full of musical instruments to yet again show off the bands talents and what they are capable of and this has influenced me to include many instruments on the set of our video.
I have discovered throughout my research that the camera shots and angles are very similar throughout all of the indie genre music videos. They all contain lots of close up shots of the band members singing and playing their instruments but also contain a lot of long shots which include the whole of the band, or which show the large crowd cheering. The lighting on most of the performance based videos I have watched are all artificial, not natural, so in my music video, if we are shooting a scene inside, I will aim to include lots of artificial lighting.The mise-en-scene of this indie music video is very similiar to others that I have watched. Very similiar clothing, such as hats, braces and also the amount of instruments such as guitars and drums adds to the mise-en-scene of "indie".
I like the amount of instruments used within this video, and how all of the musicians play them and use them, I would like to include this in my music video because it helps portray the 'Indie' stereotype.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGKfrgqWcv0
No comments:
Post a Comment